12.10.2008

Pushing Daisies (Season 1)

Let the world hear it: I am in love. This show has swept me off my feet, and it is the truest love I've known. Be this as it may, there are still complications in this relationship. Problems are unavoidable. Shit happens, as they say. That shit, well, was the writers strike. While I supported the WGA during their months long strike, it ended Pushing Daisies first season prematurely and as a result, probably led to its ultimate demise the following season. But lets not get hung-up on the hang-ups. Ned (Lee Pace), the pie maker with the ability to bring the dead back to life for sixty seconds, along with the rest of the cast, is phenomenal. Kristin Chenoweth, Chi McBride, and Anna Friel all. The colors and sets are so bright and attractive, it makes loving it so much easier. Bryan Fuller has created a whimsy masterpiece too good for television. Not shocking, I guess. Again, for those in the back: I am in love.

Genre - Comedy (4)

Screenplay (4)
Acting (4)
Production (4)
Directing (4)

No comments:

Post a Comment