3.11.2009

Feast

When I first heard about Feast, it was during the third season of Bravo's Project Greenlight. I wasn't too intrigued by the film while watching the show, but decided to give it a chance when it hit DVD. Hey, I'm a horror-whore, so why not? I found that Feast lived up to its name, as I constantly wanted more. The pace is set extremely high, giving viewers little time to keep up. But with a horror film, and a comedic one at that (and a self-aware one on top of all that), I don't mind the breakneck speeds. But what say you of the acting? Eh, there were some actors, but nothing too god-awful. Production? Cheap. Directing? Someone filmed it, I guess. Feast works not for the aforementioned reasons, but because the script has a ton of fun with the material. And, like any good horror film of this caliber - i.e. monster movie - there are mountains of gore, the whole film leaving a bloody mess in its wake. Watch Feast for fun, to have a good time, and to watch monsters rip people to shreds for no reason at all.

Genre - Horror (2.5)

Screenplay (3)
Acting (3)
Production (2)
Directing (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment