3.03.2009

Shotgun Stories

Here is a little indie you probably never heard of. And I wouldn't have either if I didn't accidentally read about it. So after pulling it out of my mailbox, I slapped Shotgun Stories in the ol' DVD player and let her rip. What was the result? It was simply an indie drama, but one that could have been so much more. There is a rich back story on Son Hayes (brothers to Kid and Boy), but we never really learn what it is that led to him getting shot in the back by a shotgun. Something important and profound is hinted at, but we are never let in on the secret. Fair enough, but the story Shotgun Stories centers on should be equally interesting, but sometimes it just isn't. The Hayes brothers quarrel with their half brothers, each side eager to ruin the other. When the tension builds, I felt myself drawn in, but it doesn't always last. If only Shotgun Stories had upped the ante, and maybe an R-rating might have been able to deliver, I may have found myself more intrigued. But what can you do?

Genre - Drama (2.75)

Screenplay (2)
Acting (3)
Production (3)
Directing (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment